Training is more than just a good riding technique. Develop from trainer to coach by learning more about: didactics, mental coaching, training schedules, training evaluation, learning theory, learning styles and communication skills.
Being a good rider is one thing, but to transfer your knowledge is another. During this course, we focus on how you can reap the benefits of effective instruction and use it to lift the combination to a whole new level. We explain the theory and guide you through exercises to optimize teaching. A good trainer motivates riders and helps them to acquire the right skills and experience.
What do you learn?
A good trainer motivates riders and supports them to acquire the right skills and experience. This course enhances your knowledge about didactics, mental coaching, training evaluation, learning theory, learning styles and communication skills. You learn about teaching theory and we guide you through various exercises to optimize your teaching skills. Moreover, you will experience what is effective and what is not while teaching.
About the program
The program consists of various topics;
- Didactics – How can I teach a student?
- Seat & position – What is a proper seat and position and how to improve common mistakes.
- Pedagogics – How do I help my student to grow as a combination?
- Mental coaching – What are the main mental obstacles and how can you better coach your students?
- Teaching children – What is the best way to teach children in different age groups?
The best learners make the best teachers. A passion for learning reflects in the quality of teaching. Therefore, each train-the-trainer course consists of dressage and/or jumping lessons and you will be assessed on your riding technique and the theory you have learned.
The exact programs depends on groups size and available time.